Types of Kraft Drums
Sustainability is one of the biggest challenges for any company, even in the packaging industry. It is not a trend but a necessity, which is why effective solutions must be found. In this respect, the use of kraft drums is an alternative that has generated significant changes by providing multiple benefits.
These cardboard containers are made of highly resistant kraft paper and are becoming a popular ecological solution for meeting these environmental objectives. They are also a versatile, lightweight and efficient alternative for handling and transporting products safely.
Types of kraft drums
Packaging material tends to be sustainable to align with the global effort to conserve the environment. In the case of drums, they are lighter, sustainable packaging because they do not use plastic or metal. Consequently, fewer pollutant emissions are generated during the manufacturing and recycling process.
One of the biggest advantages is that we can find different types of kraft drums depending on their characteristics and uses. Let’s see what alternatives are available so that you can choose the ones that best suit your needs as a customer.
Standard kraft drums
Standard kraft drums are usually made of high density kraft fibre. Their main feature is their cylindrical shape with a open-head clamp closure to ensure full opening. They are usually used in the food, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- Chemical products. They are perfect for this type of product because they prevent dangerous spills. For this reason, they are used in industries such as the chemical or pharmaceutical industry.
- Food and beverages. They are also suitable for transporting beverages and foodstuffs, because they comply with storage safety requirements.
- Water storage. They are also suitable for use in agriculture or activities such as camping, because they store water in a durable manner.
Kraft drums with inner lining
The drums can be lined on the inside to comply with European standards, if the use is for foodstuffs. One of the main advantages of this structure is the control of watertightness to comply with quality controls.
Drum linings ensure climatic protection, however, they are not the only advantages. In this list, we show you some of the main benefits of these sustainable containers.
- It is a perfect solution for reactive or chemical products.
- These round drums are food-safe and static-repellent.
- It is an economical solution for packaging moisture-sensitive products.
Kraft drums for hazardous products
In the transport of goods, it is normal to transport drums containing hazardous products. In this case, the containers are approved and made of a material that guarantees safety.
- Internal reinforcement. Most commonly, drums for hazardous products are fitted with inner liners for the transport of powders, liquids or pastes. As well as helping to reduce pollutant emissions, they are easily recyclable and avoid cleaning and repackaging costs.
- Safety standards. In our country, there are strict regulations governing the handling and storage of these drums with hazardous or flammable substances. Compliance with the regulations prevents accidents and minimises occupational hazards.
Waterproof kraft drums
In the logistics industry, one of the biggest challenges is protection against moisture. Waterproof drums are specifically designed to prevent these products from deteriorating and losing their properties.
- Wet environments. Within the range of kraft drums are those that are water resistant and are used in environments where climatic conditions or temperatures are not the most suitable. In fact, they have been designed to resist this type of impact.
- Resistance and durability. One of their main characteristics is their resistance to wear and tear and durability. For this reason, they are usually made of a much more robust fibre for storing products with these packaging needs.
Stackable kraft drums
Stackable drums are another popular option for transport and storage. These cylindrical containers with airtight seals are used to transport goods safely and fit into the tightest of spaces.
- Efficiency. Its main features include its use to improve space efficiency.
- Easy handling. They are used specifically in small spaces or with a large volume of goods, above all, due to their lightness, easy transport and durability.
- Adaptability. They are an ideal resource for logistics and transport companies that need to optimise their facilities, warehouses or vehicles.
Personalised kraft drums
The personalisation of packaging is a very common way to improve branding and advertise a brand. It is a way to provide differential value in an increasingly competitive business environment. For that reason, personalised drums offer important advantages, as mentioned here.
- Corporate identity. The customer has the possibility of customising the kraft drums with screen printing, waterproofing paint or including decorative labels.
- Environmental commitment. Linking the brand to this type of packaging improves the company’s reputation and highlights its social commitment to sustainability.
- Trust and transparency. Customised packaging allows customers to identify companies that adopt these environmentally friendly measures.
Kraft drums with handles
The use of drums with handles is very common in certain industries whose aim is to make them easier to transport and more comfortable to handle. Just as the type of closure fulfils its function, this aspect is key when choosing the model that meets these characteristics.
- The use of kraft drums with handles reduces the risk of falling, knocks or spillage of liquids.
- The handles facilitate the transport of large and heavy drums.
- These handles prevent injuries and other health problems associated with the manual transport of heavy loads.
Kraft drums for food
Kraft drums for food offer a number of competitive advantages over other packaging. These environmentally friendly products also withstand heavy loads and impacts during transport.
One of their main characteristics is that they comply with food and health regulations. There are EU and national regulations governing handling and transport conditions to ensure the quality of these perishable products.
These food drums must follow requirements to guarantee adequate temperature and hygiene standards to comply with control procedures, according to the specifications listed in the B.O.E. If this were not the case, companies would be fined with sanctions for putting the environment and personal safety at risk.
In summary, the use of kraft drums is highly recommended in certain industries because of their enormous contribution to sustainability. There are even sectors that generate more polluting waste, so using these versatile, durable and resistant containers is a very wise choice. You just have to choose the most appropriate option to meet the needs of each business.